Sat Jan 11 - Sat Jan 25, 2020
2:30 pm - 7:00 pm
The Joanne Brown Dancers
Our jitterbuggin’ 1950’s style swing dance workshop is back for those of us who love both swing dancing AND rockabilly music!
This special and exclusive workshop series features the style of swing dancing featured in 1950’s teen-rock musicals such as “Don’t Knock The Rock!”, “Shake, Rattle, and Rock!”, and “The Girl Can’t Help It.” (Look up those movies on YouTube, to see what we we’re teaching.)
“Smooth Style Lindy,” originally a Big Band era dance style, was adapted during the Rock n’ Roll era for use in film to spectacular results and it’s those adaptations that we teach in our workshop series.
Bay Area dancer and performer Mike Quebec will put his 25 plus years of teaching experience of this rarely-seen-in-the-Bay-Area dance style at your service! (Check out his dance videos, also on You Tube, specifically at channel Esperanza Quebec, as well as on Instagram and on Facebook under “Michael Quebec.”)
If you want to look flashy and fancy while dancing to fun, rockin’ tunes, then this is the workshop for you!
* Class sizes will be limited, to ensure quality of instruction. Discounts are for early registrations, couples, and returning students, who have previously taken our workshops. As we gradually, develop dancers who are skilled in this style, eventually, we will be hosting regular weekend vintage dance events for traditional Rockabilly style swing dancing in the Tri-City area.
Check out our teaser video on Facebook at:
* This workshop is NOT for the casual dancer, but for serious-minded swing dance students and vintage lifestyle enthusiasts. (For casual, “easy-to-do” swing dance classes, please contact Mike Quebec by text at (510)-240-2732 regarding an upcoming Friday night weekly East Coast Swing series that is being proposed through The Mark Green Sports Center in Union City.)
Joanne Brown Dancers
33535 Western Avenue
Union City, CA 94587
Three Saturdays in January:
January 11 (Beginners Curriculum)
January 18 (Intermediate Curriculum)
January 25 (Advanced Curriculum)
Check in, registration, and tutoring
3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Instruction, Drills, and Practice.
DROP IN PRICES (paying on a per-day, as opposed to the entire 3- week session):
$45 per single dancer
$80 per couple
PACKAGE DISCOUNT PRICES (paying for all three weeks as a package):
$120 per single dancer
$230 per couple
* If doing the PACKAGE WITH DISCOUNT, whether single or couples, registration/purchase must be done NO LATER than JANUARY 8, 2020.
* SPECIAL DISCOUNT FOR ADVANCED REGULAR COUPLES (Contact Mike Quebec directly on that.)
Tickets can be purchased through Eventbrite in the “Tickets” section at the following address link:
* Eventbrite charges a service fee, which is added to the ticket cost. If you wish to avoid that service fee, tickets can also be purchased through Venmo by sending payment to either Joanne Brown at Venmo@Joanne-Brown-34 or to Michael Quebec at Venmo@Michael-Quebec (please make sure that if using Venmo, payment is sent to the correct “Joanne Brown,” the owner of Joanne Brown Dancers in Union City, CA, or the correct “Michael Quebec,” from Union City, CA.)
* If using Venmo, please send a note as to what the purchase is for.
For additional information, call or text Mike Quebec at (510)-240-2732.
Stay updated by joining the Facebook event page “Jitterbug! 3 Week Smooth Lindy Intensive” at:
Event details last verified [lv_date] [event_edit_link class="blue"]Edit this Event[/event_edit_link]